LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. John Damoose announced on Thursday that he has received his committee assignments for the upcoming legislative term.
“Committee assignments are in and the 37th District did very well,” said Damoose, R-Harbor Springs. “Thank you to Republican Leader Nesbitt and Majority Leader Brinks for giving our district such a strong voice here in Lansing through appointment to these key committees and designation as minority vice chair in three separate roles.”
Damoose will serve on the following committees:
- Education (minority vice chair).
- Energy and Environment.
- Housing and Human Services.
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Joint Capital Outlay (minority vice chair).
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation (minority vice chair).
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Universities and Community Colleges.
“The committee process is an important part of what we do here in the Legislature,” said Damoose, R-Harbor Springs. “It allows those who will be affected by policy changes to voice their concerns and gives lawmakers a chance to consider all angles and viewpoints as the legislation moves through the process.
“I look forward to working with my new colleagues and getting down to business.”